26/07/2011

THIS SHIT SUCKS: Must be the Midlands

So, somehow I managed to graduate on Monday July 18th:

(Awesome quality photograph of the standard hat throwing malarkey stealthily highjacked from a friend's facebook)

However, prior to this commenced the start of the Final Weekend at 117.  Kirsty arrived in da city on Saturday afternoon, around an hour after I decided to take a deep breath and charge down to Camden in the hope of finding a grad outfit before the rain started.  Obviously I found no clothes and a monsoon started on the walk back to the flat.  However, after the imminent arrival of K.Mckee, we headed over to the Vintage Kilo Sale at the Rag Factory to dig through piles of clothes in an attempt to secure some gems.  Kirsty found a sweet white Levi's jacket and I bought a denim skirt that's too small and an olive green shirt that has no buttons.  Swings and roundabouts?

Despite my best attempts at securing some kind of money making deal in London (the vintage market 'job' in Camden did. not. go. well), I am currently sitting in my parent's house in the heart of Northamptonshire (born and bred, yo) in my pyjamas, wondering how the hell it's come to this...'this' quite obviously being the fact that I'm the ripe old age of 22 and living back at home, still sharing a room with my sister and attempting to sign on to the dole for the sixth time in a row.  On the not so shitty side of things, I've  started using InDesign and Illustrator more since coming home (obviously to appeal to employers and be all commercial and shi'), check out the new banner for my super professional website guy:



And so, I guess now would be a good a time as any to bid a final adieu to North of the river: farewell NW5, it's been real.

1 comment: